Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Social Networking Sites


Whenever I visit the Facebook website, I know to expect a lot of personal content. In comparison, to other social media websites I think that Facebook has more 'realistic' posts. Most of my friends on Facebook use it as photo storage (also what I do). There are albums based on years, holidays and events. Most of these pictures are posted as is no editing or filters involved. I also noticed that my personal Facebook feed has a very few textual posts, and more posts about funny videos or tags on pictures that others find relevant.
I am new to Twitter, I have not used the platform until this class. In comparison to my other social media accounts, I think there is a lot more going on Twitter. There are a lot more actions and the character limit is something new for me. I also think it is more relevant in comparison to Facebook. I think that the hashtags are very helpful in navigating the website and also as a source of information. There is a lot more going on the website, more options to click on browse on. I found the structure of the site to be similar to that of Facebook.
In comparison to other social media websites, they 'vibe' of LinkedIn is much different. Since LinkedIn is a professional website, they content being shared is filtered and business-oriented. They pictures and articles being shared are professional, not funny memes like most other social media sites. People are more careful about what they post, because they know their professional connections can view what they are posting and want to make a good impression.
I personally use Instagram the most out of the other social media sites. Although I feel the website experience is different than that of the app. My impression of Instagram, is that it is popularity contest. People worry about how many likes they get or how many followers they have, something I do not see in other social media sites such as Facebook. In comparison to other social media websites, I think the Instagram website is very basic and user friendly. There are very few actions necessary, all you have to basically do is scroll down your feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog: Next New

I would like to see something like a smart wallet. Many people carry around bulky wallets stuffed with cards and receipts. The smart wallet ...